Delivery and in-store pick-up policy
The shipping of our online orders is supported by Canada Post (except in exceptional cases) and this, everywhere in Canada.
- Shipping costs are calculated by Canada Post based on the volumetric weight and the destination postal code.
- Delivery charges are non-refundable, as are additional shipping charges that may apply when purchasing an oversized item or when delivery must be made to a remote area. These additional costs will then be calculated according to the weight, size, destination postal code and nature of the product ordered. In this case, we will choose the carrier best suited to deliver your online order.
- We will occasionally offer free shipping (under certain conditions). This offer will be indicated on our website each time it becomes effective.
Home delivery times are 2 to 10 working days following the processing of the order, except for products not available in store during the initial purchase. For products out of stock, it is necessary to allow for an additional delivery time of 2 to 8 weeks depending on the concerned manufacturer.
Everything you have to know about our shipping
- We reserve the right to cancel any order whose postal code is located in a remote area: this will be assessed on a case-by-case basis according to the transport cost for the order placed.
- We do not ship outside of Canada or to Canadian PO Boxes.
- Deliveries cannot be made to different addresses in the same order. A new order will need to be completed in order to obtain delivery for an additional address.
- It is also not possible to select more than one delivery method in the same order (home delivery and in-store pickup). If you wish to take advantage of both delivery methods, then you will need to plan to order in two stages: place an order for home delivery, and then place another order for in-store pickup.
- If the products ordered are out of stock, you may receive your order in two partial shipments, but we reserve the right to wait for it to be complete before shipping it when necessary. The delivery time may then be 2 to 8 additional weeks depending on the manufacturer.
Payment methods accepted online
Credit Cards: Visa Credit/Debit, Master Card Credit/Debit and American Express
Modifying or canceling an online order
If you wish to modify or cancel an order already completed online, you must proceed with a return of goods upon receipt thereof (we will not assume the transport costs which will apply for the return of these goods), or you can contact us at [email protected] by providing us with your order number and detailing your problem.
Track your order
- A confirmation email for your online order will be sent to you once your transaction has been completed.
- Once your order has been shipped, a tracking number for your order will be emailed to you. It may take 24 to 48 hours for your tracking number to be activated by Canada Post.
- If you have not received any follow-up emails for your order, do not hesitate to contact us, making sure to provide us with your order number at [email protected].
Pick up in store
- Before completing your online order, you will be able to choose the “Pick up in store” option in the purchase process. This will allow you to shop online from the comfort of your home while avoiding the cost of delivery.
- When choosing this option, please note that exchanges and returns can only be made in store.
- Before picking up in store, the order must be paid for online when completing your transaction.
- Once you have completed your online transaction, you will receive an order confirmation email.
- Before you can pick up your merchandise in store, you will need to wait to receive an order pickup email. Once this email has been received, you will have 10 days to come and collect it from our facilities.
To pick up your order:
- You will only have to go to the cash registers located near the entrance to our store and present to an employee:
- Proof of identity with photo
- The confirmation email of your order ready to be picked up
- The card used to make your online payment.
- It is impossible to send a third party to pick up your order for you. Only the person whose name appears on the card used during payment will be authorized to pick up the merchandise selected during the purchase.
- If the order has not been picked up within the 10-day period provided for this purpose, it will be cancelled. We will then reimburse you using the same method of payment used during your transaction.
Particularities of certain products
- Airguns: Some airguns (500 FPS and over) require a Firearms Possession and Acquisition Permit. In the case of these airguns, it is not possible to order them online. You will need to go to the store to be able to obtain them and have your firearms possession and acquisition license in hand for verification purposes.
- Bladed weapons: For bladed weapons, it is necessary to be 18 years or older to obtain one, whether it is a knife, an axe, a machete, or any other bladed weapon for sale at Prefair, Imrico Ltd. A verification of the buyer’s age will be carried out at the time of pick-up in store or by the carrier at the time of delivery if the product was purchased online with the home delivery option.
- Paintball and Airsoft: For all Airsoft guns and Paintball markers sale by Prefair, Imrico Ltd it is necessary to be 18 years or older to obtain one. A verification of the buyer’s age will be carried out at the time of pick-up in store or by the carrier at the time of delivery if the product was purchased online with the home delivery option.
- Expandable batons & handcuffs: To be able to obtain a expandable baton and/or handcuffs, it is MANDATORY to present proof that you are part of a law enforcement agency or to have a BSP. Otherwise, you will not be able to buy one. If you wish to order this product and you select the home delivery option, we will send you an email to communicate with you and we will inform you how you can properly identify yourself in order to be eligible for delivery. If you select the in-store pickup option, you must duly identify yourself during in-store pickup under the conditions set out above to purchase these products.
- Dynamic Entry Tools & Training Weapons: These products are for law enforcement use only and must be purchased by the department with an official purchase order and shipped directly to the appropriate facility. Otherwise, you will not be able to purchase them. If you wish to order these products, we will send you an email to contact you and let you know how you can properly identify yourself in order to be eligible for delivery. If you select the in-store pickup option, you must duly identify yourself during in-store pickup under the conditions set out above to purchase these products.
To contact us
For any question or problem relating to your online order, write to us, taking care to provide us with your order number and clearly detailing your request at [email protected].